Standard Input/Output

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 10 22:34:12 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 04:34:52AM +0000, Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, 11 August 2014 at 04:28:53 UTC, BB wrote:
> >A general question, Why std.stdio could not be something like --->
> >std.io?

Because std.stdio is just a wrapper around C's stdio library.

> From a historical point, C and C++ name their library stdio.h. io by
> itself is just input/output, and doesn't really hint it would be using
> the STDIN/STDOUT.
>
>  Beyond historical, i couldn't tell you why not to...

std.io is supposed to be in the works, and is slated to replace
std.stream and be a superior to std.stdio. Unfortunately, std.io has yet
to materialize, 'cos the guy working on it has been rather busy. :-(

People say I'm arrogant, and I'm proud of it.