Google definitely biased…

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 11 09:22:51 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 08:37 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
[…]
> I wouldn't be surprised if there's some manual biasing at work, but I
> don't think there is.

I don't think we have to consider manual biasing, I think the nature of
the algorithm automatically biases Google sources against any other. The
bias here is I think systemic for reasons completely separate to D and
Go.

It's really annoying though.

The question remains though — for a separate thread I think — are D's
ranges and Go's slices same/similar/analogous/totally different.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk