Google definitely biased…

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 11 09:33:09 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 04:06:35PM +0000, AsmMan via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, 11 August 2014 at 15:34:30 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> >Am 11.08.2014 17:23, schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d:
> >>… so what's new?
> >>
> >>I was trying to search for web-based material on D ranges and Go
> >>slices to see if they are basically the same thing. As soon as
> >>golang is a query term, no other language makes it onto the front
> >>page of the query results, cf. "dlang range slice golang"
> >>
> >>Google definitely try to push Go :-)
> >>

> >I've just heard a few days ago from someone who *always* gets the
> >suggestion to search for "golang" instead of "dlang", so it's not
> >even possible to properly search for dlang results alone.
>
> Same here. It's so annoying.

Hmm. I wonder if they may have gone a little overboard with search
result customization -- if I search for 'dlang' I always get dlang.org
at the top of the search results, and it never suggests "golang"
instead.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.