Fun with range deprecations

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 11 17:42:26 PDT 2014

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:30:42 -0700
"H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> One possible hack is to make is(typeof(...)) return true for
> deprecated symbols if compiling with -d, but that would mean changing
> language semantics with compiler flags, which Walter frowns on.
to me that seems like a good solution. people are expected to rewrite
the code that using deprecated features, yet if compiler happily
compiles deprecated code by default -- why bother?

compiler may suggest to use something like "-allow-deprecated-code" in
error messages, but reject such code by default.

such code will break anyway, so let it break early!