Google definitely biased…

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 12 02:57:27 PDT 2014

On Monday, 11 August 2014 at 20:31:55 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Am 11.08.2014 19:40, schrieb ketmar via Digitalmars-d:
>> On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:23:19 +0100
>> Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Google definitely try to push Go :-)
>> so you mean that Go can't walk on it's own and needs to be
>> constantly
>> pushed by Google so other people will think that it's alive?
>> heh.
>>

> Yes, just look to the previous incarnations of Go (Alef, Limbo,
> Oberon 2).
>
> What is actually happening is the Rails, NodeJS hipsters now
> found a new toy, just because it has the Google stamp on it.
>
> --
> Paulo

Try duckduckgo.com. I typed "dlang vs golang". Then do the same
in google. The results are worlds apart!

What happens, if one day Google says that they will abandon Go,
cos it didn't bring the desired results? Just like companies tend
to abandon languages and frameworks at random. Remember Google
translate? Java Swing is to be replaced by JavaFX. Now
Objective-C is becoming obsolete. There are loads of examples.
People flock to technologies backed by big companies, because
they think it's safer to do so. But again and again, companies
just drop technologies as they see fit. Open source has been more
reliable. Most frameworks still exist (think of all the Linux
stuff).