Google definitely biased…

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 12 11:05:26 PDT 2014

Am Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:23:19 +0100
schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> … so what's new?
>
> I was trying to search for web-based material on D ranges and Go slices
> to see if they are basically the same thing. As soon as golang is a
> query term, no other language makes it onto the front page of the query
> results, cf. "dlang range slice golang"
>
> Google definitely try to push Go :-)

I think the results are bad in part due to Google using 'dlang'
synonymously with 'd'. So you get dozens of false positives
which flood the first page of search results.

%d
you'd
I'd

Use the "literal" search instead, which disables synonyms:

https://www.google.de/search?tbs=li%3A1&q=dlang+golang+range+OR+ranges+OR+slice+OR+slices

I think these results look very fair.

--
Marco