Setting array length to 0 discards reserved allocation?

Andrew Godfrey via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 13 23:46:40 PDT 2014

On Monday, 11 August 2014 at 19:43:26 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 07:04:41 +0000
> Andrew Godfrey via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
> Jonathan is right. what this PR does is changing one (somewhat
> confusing) terminology to another, even more confusing one.

Thanks for adding your opinion - it's good to see more support
for Jonathan's side.

Don't think I'm being flippant, but I have trouble interpreting
such feedback, because D's dynamic array semantics ARE
complicated. So if I happened
to succeed in making a clear, accurate description of how it
works, I would expect it to take many readers from an inaccurate,
overly-simplistic understanding to an accurate (but unfortunately
more complex) one.

I have cause to question this - the docs themselves had some
important misunderstandings - clear errors.
It's possible that this was cruft and the authors never had those
misunderstandings themselves - but some of their readers
certainly did.