unittesting generic functions

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 14 19:21:44 PDT 2014

On Friday, 15 August 2014 at 00:51:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> So, ultimately, while these sort of tests can be good, I
>> really don't
>> think that they're effective very often.
>
> I feel this is fertile ground. We should think more about it.

Oh, I'm not at all opposed to trying to leverage this. If we can,
that would be fantastic. I just haven't seen much practical uses
of it thus far. And I'm not opposed to adding the proposed
feature, but at the moment, it seems like it's just providing a
simpler syntax for something that we can already do that hasn't
yet shown to be very useful.

- Jonathan M Davis