C++ template name mangling

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 15 15:00:33 PDT 2014

On 8/15/2014 2:02 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> What would interfacing with C++ templates be like in practice?

Don't really know. It's more like try it out and see what we can do. Clearly,
for someone to use this effectively, they'd have to be comfortable with both C++
templates and D templates (cough, Andrei, cough) but it could be a real enabler
for such programmers.

> C++ templates have SFINAE, but D doesn't; so how would one translate a set
> of C++ templates that rely on SFINAE to the equivalent D declarations
> (inside extern(C++) blocks)?
>
> I hope we won't need to add SFINAE to extern(C++) blocks...

Yeah, SFINAE seems clearly out of the question.