const int vs. int const

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 16 16:48:21 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 16 August 2014 at 19:23:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/16/2014 11:50 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2014-08-16 01:33, Mike wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds like a worthwhile impromement to me.
>>
>> Sounds like a breaking change to me. Which will include the
>> usual complains.
>

> Yes, and for this case it is not worth it.

It is worth it.

There are going to be consequences either way.  However, if it is
addressed, the consequences on one side will be temporary.  Not
addressing it will ensure the consequences on the other side
remain indefinitely.

Following a well-managed, gradual, deprecation procedure will
make the change tolerable.

Mike