D for Android

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 17 11:19:27 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 24 July 2014 at 01:17:44 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>  I'll start cleaning up my fairly simple build process and
> document it on the wiki, so that others can easily play with D
> on Android/x86.
Finally cleaned up my build process a bit and wrote it up on the
wiki:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Build_DMD_for_Android

It got a little long, as I don't have everything scripted yet,
tried to explain all my steps, and attempted to put everything in
one place, including listing the necessary android adb commands.
Hopefully, some of you can help script more of it and eventually
integrate D into the Android build scripts.  Let me know if you
have any problems with the process.

> Looking forward to help on 3., 4., and 5. above, and to seeing
> what others do with this new platform.

I finally built a native Android/x86 GUI app in D, translated
from a sample C app in the Android NDK, after translating a bunch
of android headers and putting them up on github:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android

Thanks to Jacob Carlborg and the excellent work he's done on
dstep, for allowing me to automate translation of most of those
headers and save a bunch of time. :) I'll submit the repo to
deimos or dub, whichever is the better place to put it.

I'll keep updating the wiki with more info, how to build for the
command-line and run the druntime/phobos unit tests, along with
directions for future work.