FOSDEM'15 - let us propose a D dev room!!!

Kai Nacke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 19 09:17:50 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 13:04:42 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 12:55:36 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Sounds very interesting, it is a good opportunity to
>> effectively do small european DConf without bothering about
>> many of organizational details. I will forward this to
>> colleagues and report shortly.
>
> Ok, it is yet to be discussed how many speakers we may send
> there but you can definitely count me in for helping with any
> organizational details. What needs to be done by September the
> 15th deadline?

Thank you!

The proposal must be submitted by this time.

The annoucement states:
"Developer room proposals should be emailed to
devrooms at fosdem.org and be as detailed as possible. In
particular, coordinators should indicate their affinity with the
topic being proposed and provide a rough idea of the content they
plan to schedule."

IMHO the content can be talks, ranging from user experience to
technical topics or how to participate. Or something like a live
discussion ("to GC or not to GC" ;-) ). To get as much input as
possible from the community, I would start a call for talks here
after the proposal is accepted.

If you look at the LLVM dev room: they had 11 talks of different
length and an introduction. Maybe this could guide us...

Regards,
Kai