Cross-Platform D

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 19 17:43:25 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 18:45:16 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 16:19:06 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 15:23:03 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> What leftover characters error?
>>
>> Sometimes trying to open a new thread from the web interface
>> results in blank page with error message "Leftover characters:
>> 1" in the middle. Reloading the thread page usually works.
>
> Yes, I get that too. It mostly happens with this thread only...
> For example, when I visit this thread, I get the error, and
> with a large probability the next request to the server (i.e.
> to a different thread) also produces the same error. Then, when
> I reload this second page, I often get the content of this
> thread here. After a second reload, I get the real content.

I didn't know about this. Somehow, I've never ran into it myself,
perhaps because I only ever use the horizontal-split view mode.
Well, now that I found out, I fixed it - turns out it was two
bugs (one causing the error message, and one causing the
indeterminism). Seriously, you need to tell me about such things!
Please report problems to
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/issues.