Setting array length to 0 discards reserved allocation?

Andrew Godfrey via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 21 00:23:34 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 21 August 2014 at 03:53:42 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 03:24:35 +0000
> Andrew Godfrey via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
> maybe just call that "slice views"? ;-)
>
> really, uncommon term will (at least it should ;-) make user to
> read
> about that "slice views", and "reference" is something like
> "ah, i know
> what references is, let's start coding now!"

Yeah, you have a point. "slice view" sounds odd, and I suppose
all this is the background to why some parts of the docs use the
term "slice" for this.
Maybe I should have another look at that - maybe introducing
"slice" first and the "slice operator" later, can avoid confusion
sufficiently.