[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 21 10:12:37 PDT 2014

> On Thursday, 21 August 2014 at 04:59:20 UTC, Hubert wrote:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/oicmwoboku136jq/dlang_test_redesign.png

This is a brilliant idea, except for the logo. We have one, and
with it an identity, and we should not loose it.

On Thursday, 21 August 2014 at 12:09:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> It probably looks good as a landing page for a newcomers but I
> will annoyed with extra forced navigation very quick through
> daily usage of the web site. It sacrifices productivity in
> favor of good looks.

There is too much links in our actual homepage, newcomers are
simply lost, we absolutely need to light it, to make it more
friendly.

The question is : is it more important to maintain your old
habits or to be welcoming and attractive for the new users ?

Don't forget that programmers are hipsters, and we need to take
care of our image.