RFC: std.json sucessor

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 22 09:56:26 PDT 2014

Am 22.08.2014 18:31, schrieb Christian Manning:
> It would be nice to have integers treated separately to doubles. I know
> it makes the number parsing simpler to just treat everything as double,
> but still, it could be annoying when you expect an integer type.

That's how I've done it for vibe.data.json, too. For the new
implementation, I've just used the number parsing routine from Andrei's
std.jgrandson module. Does anybody have reservations about representing
integers as "long" instead?

> I'd also like to see some benchmarks, particularly against some of the
> high performance C++ parsers, i.e. rapidjson, gason, sajson. Or even
> some of the "not bad" performance parsers with better APIs, i.e.
> QJsonDocument, jsoncpp and jsoncons (slow but perhaps comparable
> interface to this proposal?).

That would indeed be nice to have, but I'm not sure if I can manage to
squeeze that in besides finishing the module itself. My time frame for
working on this is quite limited.