Unused variables and bugs

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 22 14:21:54 PDT 2014

Brian Schott:

> The unused variable and unused parameter checks have existed
> since May. As far as I know it only gives false positives if
> mixin statements are present.

Another interesting feature is similar to -Wsuggest-final-types
and -Wsuggest-final-methods. They give warnings when there is a
method or whole class that can be tagged with "final". This
allows to avoid virtual methods. This in D is even more important
than C++ because of the virtual on the default of D, that was
widely discussed and at the end never fixed.

Bye,
bearophile