RFC: std.json sucessor

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 22 19:23:25 PDT 2014

First thank you for your work. std.json is horrible to use right
now, so a replacement is more than welcome.

I haven't played with your code yet, so I may be asking for
somethign that already exists, but did you had a look to jsvar by
Adam ?

You can find it here:
https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/jsvar.d

One of the big pain when one work with format like JSON is that
you go from the untyped world to the typed world (the same
problem occurs with XML and various config format as well).

I think Adam got the right balance in jsvar. It behave closely
enough to javascript so it is convenient to manipulate, while
removing the most dangerous behavior (concatenation is still done
using ~and not + as in JS).

If that is not already the case, I'd love that the element I get
out of my JSON behave that way. If you can do that, you have a
user.