How D addresses the problem of Extending and/or Embedding other languages ?

Brost via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 00:18:50 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 06:44:25 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 25/08/14 08:18, Brost wrote:
>
>> Is D different in this regard ?
>
> In addition to being ABI compatible with C, D is also
> compatible with C++ [1]. D recently got support for C++
> templates and namespaces. Hopefully it will get support for
> Objective-C as well, in the not too far away future.
>
> [1] http://dlang.org/cpp_interface.html

thanks, but unfortunately neither of those is a scripting
language, I can't see any facility in the standard D library or
in the language that can help me retain the type safety, the
memory management, and all the other things I talked about while
interfacing with another language .

for example how do you correctly expose a given D data structure
to a scripting language of your choice ?