RFC: std.json sucessor

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 05:12:18 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 11:30:15 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> I've added support (compile time option [1]) for long and
> BigInt in the lexer (and parser), see [2]. JSONValue currently
> still only stores double for numbers.

It can be very useful to have a base 10 exponent representation
in certain situations where you need to have the exact same
results in two systems (like a third party ERP server versus a
client side application). Base 2 exponents are tricky (incorrect)
when you read ascii.

E.g. I have resorted to using Decimal in Python just to avoid the
weird round off issues when calculating prices where the price is
given in fractions of the order unit.

Perhaps a marginal problem, but could be important for some
serious application areas where you need to integrate D with
existing systems (for which you don't have the source code).