RFC: std.json sucessor

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 08:46:11 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 15:34:29 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> By default, floating-point special values are now output as
> 'null', according to the ECMA-script standard. Optionally, they
> will be emitted as 'NaN' and 'Infinity':

ECMAScript presumes double. I think one should base Phobos on
language-independent standards. I suggest:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7159

For a web server it would be most useful to get an exception
since you risk ending up with web-clients not working with no
logging. It is better to have an exception and log an error so
the problem can be fixed.