Using D

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 10:43:38 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 14:41:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 14:27:55 UTC, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:15:09 +0000
>> via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> C++ is using the OOP model of SIMULA, which did invent OOP!
>>> So I'd say the way C++ does OOP is how it was invented.
>> and Smalltalk does OOP the way it should be done. ;-)
>
> I haven't used Smalltalk, but can't say it looks pretty… But I
> probably shouldn't judge by looks, it is the personality that
> counts!

Smalltalk is great, specially as operating system.

I used SmalltalkWorks, before Java was concieved.

It was the closest I ever been of the Xerox PARC OS experience.

The UNIX CLI experience is nothing, compared to the possibility
to touch the whole system and use any public class/method on your
scripts (transcript).

My second experience with such enviroments was with Oberon, Wirth
based his work on Mesa/Cedar. Imagine just having dynamic
loadable modules as executables. All exported functions could be
used in the REPL, applied to OS widgets or user selections,
depending on the signature.

--
Paulo