Before we implement SDL package format for DUB

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 12:25:49 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 18:40:02 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> That would have also been my first reaction. However, instead
> of immediately dismissing the idea, it would be more productive
> to state why you think the language is not a good fit, or why
> you think SDL will do just fine. I explained why I think ASON
> would be a better fit than SDL, do you have a counter-argument?

Yes i do, it's simple, we don't need yet another markup language.

> It would make you not want to use DUB? Could you please explain
> why?

Because learning a markup language tied exclusively to dub means
more work to use it. It means i have to learn yet another markup
language to package my code for others. Please answer why should
i bother?

> No, I wouldn't be willing to break anything. That's why I like
> ASON, it doesn't break anything. Please read the post before
> you reply next time.

I have read it and i don't agree with inventing yet another
markup language.

> That's fine, if we used ASON you could just continue to use
> plain old JSON.

If that's the case why do we need ASON?