RFC: std.json sucessor

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 13:04:09 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 19:42:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Infinity. Mapping to max value would be a horrible bug.

Yes… but then you are reading an illegal value that JSON does not
support…

>> For some reason D does not seem to support this aspect of
>> IEEE754? I cannot find
>> ".nans" listed on the page http://dlang.org/property.html
>
> Because I tried supporting them in C++. It doesn't work for
> various reasons. Nobody else supports them, either.

I haven't tested, but Python is supposed to throw on NaNs.

gcc has support for nans in their documentation:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Other-Builtins.html

IBM Fortran supports it…

I think supporting signaling NaN is important for correctness.