How D addresses the problem of Extending and/or Embedding other languages ?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 13:24:21 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 19:26:59 UTC, Brost wrote:
> It's really strange the fact that no one seems to feel about
> this
> the same way I do, I mean you are happy with a C based bridge
> between 2 languages, you are ok at throwing away all the good
> stuff that both languages ( your X and your Y ) are offering ?

Because you want magic and we are pragmatical programmers :P

Any more advanced bridge will be totally different for each new
language and at the same time can be implemented on top of C
based ABI (exactly what LuaD, PyD & Co do). More than that, there
is usually no single "true" way of doing it. All this combined
clearly moves cross-language bridges to library responsibility.