Before we implement SDL package format for DUB

Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 16:35:38 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 22:21:49 UTC, Weaseldog wrote:
>
>> On Monday, 25 At 2014 at 16:40:10 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I've been working on SDL support for DUB and wanted to get some people's
>>> opinions on whether we should really use SDL.  I've posted my thoughts
>>> here: http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.
>>> dub/thread/2263/
>>>

>> Have you considered TOML? Rust's cargo uses it; it's very clean IMO. Like
>> an extension to INI.
>>

> TOML was one of the candidates I looked at.  I like it.  The biggest
> advantage that ASON would have over TOML for DUB is it is a superset of
> JSON.  TOML has it's own advantages, I personally wouldn't mind using it.

If you are going to use a superset of JSON (which I heartily agree with)
then should just go ahead and use one of the many existing ones rather than
rolling yet another.

Google turns up quite a few, pretty much all of which are equivalent to
ASON in features.  Find one that has decent support and run with it.