Using D

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 21:03:05 PDT 2014

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:33:00 +0000
via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I think the whole separate compilation idea is going to be old
> fashioned real soon now. It makes little sense to not have the
> build system as a service run on a cluster and the program as a
> database with builtin versioning.
but i don't want to buy and setup 42 servers in my room just to compile
"hello world"! ;-)

and no, i will not buy all that modern BS about "clouds".

> Why recompile the whole file when only a tiny function should be
> according to the dependencies?
i forgot the language, but i clearly seen something like that. database
demon which keeping either sources or AST (i don't remember) and
compiler which uses that info. it was... strange, but interesting.