Using D

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 21:07:17 PDT 2014

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:36:21 -0300
Ary Borenszweig via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> The trick is to not use virtual tables, but do multiple dispatch (or
> only use virtual tables when needed). If you have:
>
> a = Foo.new
> a.some_method
such simple code analysis easily confused by function calls. or we have
to analyse function body at each call and instantiate parameterised
functions. ah, hello, interprocedural analysis. and what if function is
in another module? ah, hello, full program analysis. and bye-bye,
compilation speed.

> To me, the real problem with OOP is to automatically relate it to
> virtual tables, interfaces, etc.
i myself thinking about message passing when i see OOP mentioned. ;-)