Before we implement SDL package format for DUB

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 01:53:44 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 07:12:40 UTC, ponce wrote:
> On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 22:32:36 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 16:40:10 UTC, Jonathan Marler
>> wrote:

> - SDL is _whitespace sensitive_

I don't like this.

> - JSON has no comments, also trailing commas are disallowed

To me, these are not very bad limitations. Yes, I would like
comments, but I could leave without, especially if fields have
meaningful names.

> - XML is XML. I find it actually OK.

I would support this. Yes, is verbose, we know that. But is a
very solid foundation.

My vote would go for JSON and/or XML (why not both formats?).

But I am against a new language. We have enough...