RFC: std.json sucessor

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 05:37:57 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 10:55:20 UTC, Don wrote:
> It was always in IEEE754. The decision in 754-2008 was simply
> to not remove it from the spec (a lot of people wanted to
> remove it). I don't think anything has changed.

It was implementation defined before. I think they specified the
bit in 2008.

>      fld uninitialized_var;
>      fstp other_var;

This is not SSE, but I guess MOVSS does not create exceptions
either. AVX is quite complicated, but searching for "signaling"
gives some hints about the semantics you can rely on.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/introduction-to-intel-advanced-vector-extensions

https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/c6/a9/319433-020.pdf

Ola.