Brighton [was Using D]

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 10:03:00 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 11:27 +0100, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 25 August 2014 12:19, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2014-08-25 at 08:40 +0000, Colin via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > […]
> >>
> >> Is this the beginnings of a London based DConf?
> >> (Note: That'd be great!)
> >
> > Whilst it would be good for DConf to come to London for 2015 (*) this
> > was about having a London D User Group meeting, hopefully on a regular
> > basis (**).
> >

> > (*) I am sure we could get Skills Matter to run it.
> >
> > (**) Skills Matter would definitely host this for us.
> >

> Perhaps we should send a probe out ot see how many people would be:
>
> [ ] Interested  [ ] Undecided  [ ] Not Interested

I am definitely Interested.

> in wanting to come down to such a meeting.  Also topics for discussion. :)

We could also mix and match as many other user groups do. So for example
some have a presentation session one month, drinks session the next.
Others are entirely code dojo oriented. I see no reason not to embrace
all things that can be done when people get together. So some
presentation sessions, possibly with longer and lightning talks mixed,
some short hackergarten events, etc.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk