Voting: std.logger

Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 13:59:57 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 19:39:26 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:

> As much as I see this as non-negotiable, (chancellor Merkel
> would have said "alternativlos",) I know it would currently
> require the whole log system to be nothrow @nogc and we may
> not want to wait till allocating and throwing is allowed
> during GC sweeps, before we get std.log.

nothrow I get, but nothrow in dtors is a much wider topic (please
open a new thread if you want to discuss this) and see my example
to hack around it.

but no nogc should be no problem as long as you use a Logger that
doesn't allocate for logging, as for example FileLogger. And even
than, what is the problem with no nogc logging in dtors?

class Foo {
     ~this() {
         try {
             log("Foo"); // log to file