Before we implement SDL package format for DUB

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 21:17:55 PDT 2014

On 8/26/2014 10:39 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 07:12:40 UTC, ponce wrote:
>>
>> - SDL is _whitespace sensitive_ and have a date data-type which
>> complicate the parser for little good. Lack of parsers ensues.
>
> I believe whitespace sensitivity is a Good Thing for human-readable
> formats. Date type is annoying but simply omitting its support sounds
> more reasonable than going with brand new format.

Yea, I don't think anything in dub's configuration even involves
date/time at all (aside from maybe copyright, but that'd need to be a
string anyway), so the existence of a date type in SDL is entirely
irrelevant.

It's not as if Sonke would actually need to write (or maintain) any date
parsing code. There's already two SDL parsers for D. Dub would just be
using one of those.