[OT] Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 00:11:31 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 21:30:40 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 21:26:36 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> D has had immutable for years! Surely that counts as prior
>> art?? Does
>> the patent office accept prior art submissions?

> They do.
>
> http://meta.patents.stackexchange.com/a/107

I don't like that. Even if we want to break this patent with
prior art, we need to publish one for ourselves. This system
sucks, we can't choose not to be part of it if we want to be
protected. And do we have the money to publish patents anyway?

I feel pretty bad about this. What are the thoughts of Andrei and
Walter on this stuff?