[OT] Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 02:08:23 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 21:29:13 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 8/26/2014 4:34 PM, Chris wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 19:37:29 UTC, Max Klyga wrote:
>>> Microsoft being microsoft again.
>>>
>>> http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2014/0196015.html -
>>> DECLARATION OF
>>> LIFETIME OF RESOURCE REFERENCE
>>> This contains description of scoped classes, etc.
>>>
>>> http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2014/0196008.html -
>>> IMMUTABLE OBJECT
>>> TYPES
>>>
>>> I really hope patent office will reject these applications.
>>
>> That's why I absolutely love MS!
>
> It's FAR more than just MS. For example, Apple's just as bad.
> Just look at Steve Job's undying vendetta against Google (by
> way of Samsung as a proxy target).

Of course, the whole lot of them! I only wonder who they're
trying to attack here? It must be some sort of strategy to put
someone they deem dangerous off his stride. Probably the open
source community and / or a competitor. I don't know the laws in
the US and don't know how serious this is. It probably can't just
be ignored. Is there some other big company they're trying to get
at with this? Maybe they're preparing a counter strike.