[OT] Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types

monarch_dodra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 02:28:15 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 09:20:49 UTC, Théo Bueno wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 09:08:24 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> Of course, the whole lot of them! I only wonder who they're
>> trying to attack here? It must be some sort of strategy to put
>> someone they deem dangerous off his stride. Probably the open
>> source community and / or a competitor. I don't know the laws
>> in the US and don't know how serious this is. It probably
>> can't just be ignored. Is there some other big company they're
>> trying to get at with this? Maybe they're preparing a counter
>> strike.
>
> Yeah, IMO these patents can't be a coincidence.

Big companies file patents. All of them do. That's just the way
it is. I wouldn't see anything more to it than that. It's not
some conspiracy or corporate war.

That's the way the game is played. We just need to make sure we
don't become the losers here. It would help to have input from
Walter here though: It's his language, and, AFAIK, he also
happens to be savvy with this kind of stuff.