[OT] Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 12:50:12 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 19:35:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/26/2014 2:30 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 21:26:36 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>> D has had immutable for years! Surely that counts as prior
>>> art?? Does
>>> the patent office accept prior art submissions?

>> They do.
>>
>> http://meta.patents.stackexchange.com/a/107
>
> Well, I attempted to make a filing of prior art. The
> application form requires an "application number" and a "patent
> number". I can't find the patent number, and the form rejects
> my filing.
>
> https://efs.uspto.gov/EFSWebUIUnregistered/EFSWebUnregistered?ActionString=go.Begin

There is a number in the patents' page at
http://www.freepatentsonline.com labeld under "Document Type and
Number":

Title: DECLARATION OF LIFETIME OF RESOURCE REFERENCE
Document Type and Number: United States Patent Application
20140196015

Title: IMMUTABLE OBJECT TYPES
Document Type and Number: United States Patent Application
20140196008

Aren't these the patent numbers?