SWIG?

uri via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 20:20:47 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 28 August 2014 at 01:08:43 UTC, Scott Wilson wrote:
> SWIG has D support. But it seems old and out of fashion.
> Community here does not buzz about it much either. Whats the
> word on the street about the quality of SWIG-D stuff?
>
> Scott
>
> PS thankyou Walter for replying

The swig bindings are good and I use them quite a bit to
interface with legacy C++ projects.

This might be fixed already, I don't know and haven't tracked it
but I had to make a minor change to the binding generator, as
shown below.

edit commoncore_im.d and change the following:
---
mixin template SwigOperatorDefinitions() {
       static if (is(typeof(swigOpEquals(rhs)))) {
         return swigOpEquals(rhs);
       } else {
---
---
mixin template SwigOperatorDefinitions() {
       static if (is(typeof(swigOpEquals(rhs)))) {
         return cast(bool)(swigOpEquals(rhs)); // <-- cast(bool)
added
       } else {
---

cheers, uri