[OT] Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 22:04:55 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 09:27:19PM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 8/27/2014 8:25 PM, jollie wrote:
> >Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> Wrote in message:
> >>
> >>Nope. Too many digits. Tried them, the form rejected them.
> >>

> >Spoke too soon. A patent number has not been issued as far as I can
> >tell.
> >This is listed in the application database. From the USPTO FAQ:
> >
> >Does your database include data on pending patent applications?
> >
> >The database only includes data on Published Applications in
> >accordance with the 18 month pre-grant publication rules. Pending
> >patent applications where the applicant has elected to not publish
> >prior to grant remain confidential.
>
> Yeah, and the form rejects all attempts to disclose prior art without
> a patent number.
>
> Reminds me of obamacare.gov :-)

	Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by
	incompetence. -- Napoleon Bonaparte

;-)

(P.S. Yes, I know the quote has probably been misattributed to Napoleon,
but I forgot who the real author is/was since I failed to update my sigs
file last time.)

One reason that few people are aware there are programs running the internet is that they never crash in any significant way: the free software underlying the internet is reliable to the point of invisibility. -- Glyn Moody, from the article "Giving it all away"