Friendly-C

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 28 02:24:56 PDT 2014

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:12:15 +0000
deadalnix via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> It forces all the load to potentially have side effects, which,
> in turn, limit dramatically what the optimizer can do.
but there is alot code that doesn't need "super-speed". it's ok to
fallback to "standard C" for the parts that need all speed we can have
w/o assembly. but most programs are ok with not-so-extensive
optimizations, and writing code in "friendly c" is much easier than in
"standard c".

i myself compiling all my C code with -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing
-fno-delete-null-pointer-checks. i believe that compiler was made to
make my life easier, not to make it harder. so it's the compiler who
should obey my orders, not vice versa. ;-)