Friendly C link

Israel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 28 17:50:34 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 28 August 2014 at 18:30:09 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 August 2014 at 17:49:44 UTC, Vic Cekvenich The
> "new" stuff int he language would basically just be cleaning up
> existing features in C rather than adding anything major to it.
> So, you'd get a language that's more modern and less
> error-prone than C, but it's still very simple. But as nice an
> idea as that might be, I doubt that such a language would stand
> much of a chance. Anyone creating a new language is going to
> want to add new stuff, not just clean up C.

Many would say otherwise. I think the reason alot of modern
languages like python, java and c# exist is because its easier to
look at them and not get a headache. Which means they were
derived from the concept of having a programming language that
was not just user friendly, but also cleaner and easier to learn
than the mess that is C/C++.

Believe it or not, many of us are here because of that very
reason, we want something that is just or nearly as good as C/C++
but without the mess. Even if its still using the C/C++ training
wheels.