[OT] Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 29 03:31:14 PDT 2014

On Friday, 29 August 2014 at 10:06:59 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Friday, 29 August 2014 at 10:01:17 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
> wrote:
>> On 8/28/2014 1:04 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

>>> 	Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by
>>> 	incompetence. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>

>>> (P.S. Yes, I know the quote has probably been misattributed
>>> to Napoleon,
>>> but I forgot who the real author is/was since I failed to
>>> update my sigs
>>> file last time.)
>>>

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor
>>
>> One of my personal favorite quotes.
>
> If something is incredibly stupid, it's often by design. (It's
> usually 50+ year later that people find out)

"This reliability, combined with zero cost, poses a serious
challenge to commercial outfits trying to sell their often
bug-ridden programs. No one is more affected by this dichotomy
than Microsoft, the most successful company ever built on the
traditional software model."  -- Glyn Moody

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2001/jan/25/hacking.security

Coincidence me a*se!