Friendly-C

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 29 10:33:13 PDT 2014

On Friday, 29 August 2014 at 17:29:49 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> Indeed, undefined behavior can be anything, by definition, and
> this cannot. Still, removing undefined behavior and replace it
> by undefined values cause the optimizer to have to prove that
> load/store won't fault, which is going to kill any expectation
> of performance.

I still don't understand what kind of fault your are talking
about.

Granted if you store in more than one location you have to make
at least one move, but if you only store in one location you have
the same situation as if you are optimizing:

a=a;

Clearly you can remove this without doing any loads or stores?