Voting: std.logger

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 29 19:16:54 PDT 2014

==============================
David Nadlinger
==============================

"I agree. For this reason, I also vote for "no" (1 as well as 2),
as the current conditional logging support doubles the size of
the API for shaving a grand total of 3 characters off the
invocation in a rather infrequent use case."

Addressed.

"Wow, upon further code review I discovered that Logger actually
overrides opCmp/opEquals to be based on the name (?!). This leads
to the following gem: < .. >"

Fixed.

==============================
Martin Nowak
==============================

"Get rid of the 8 different suffixes.
I only see the need for log and logf, why is the rest needed?"

Addressed.

"Support duck-typing for the log functions.
Logger should be a concept and log functions should be
free-standing
UFCS functions that take any `isLogger!T`.
To support a global `defaultLog` variable, you could add a Logger
interface and a loggerObject shim. See
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_range.html#inputRangeObject for this
a pattern."

Neither seem to be addressed nor countered.