code cleanup in druntime and phobos

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 07:37:28 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 14:32:01 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Dicebot"  wrote in message
> news:xovsaqnanmmgaltipuhz at forum.dlang.org...
>
>> It is not hard, it is plain unacceptable for certain people.
>> Call that religious reasons.
>
> Using github is similar to our requirement to match the code
> style when submitting patches.  It's non-negotiable, because
> there's no good reason not to do it.  You just remove those
> tabs, then get on with it.

No it is not. GitHub is an intrusive closed ecosystem and it is
legitimate concern for anyone caring about the open internet. The
fact that I have considered D contribution more important than
this concern and the fact that you consider such reasoning silly
does not make it less legit and/or widespread. If you don't want
these contributions - just ignore it, someone else will take
care. But please avoid this pseudo-pragmatical "non-negotiable"
bullshit, at least in public.