code cleanup in druntime and phobos

monarch_dodra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 07:41:06 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 14:35:52 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 14:32:01 UTC, Daniel Murphy
> wrote:
>> Using github is similar to our requirement to match the code
>> style when submitting patches.  It's non-negotiable, because
>> there's no good reason not to do it.  You just remove those
>> tabs, then get on with it.
>
> Here is a good reason: «I have no interest in learning github,
> and I personally don't care if you accept this patch, but here
> you have it in case you want to improve your system».
>
> Here is another good reason: «Figuring out the D process is
> waaaay down on my todo list, maybe sometime next month, next
> year, next…»

I'm fine with people submitting patches in bugzilla, but they
need to realize it's not the procedure.

So it's "welcome help", but there's still the actual work that
needs to be done by someone else: Not only the pull, but the
review, sticking with the review, etc...

I can also appreciate that filing a bug is work in itself. Doing
that is already a step most people don't take. We just need to
meet halfway, and not bitch about it: Both sides have or will
provide work, and need to realize that about the other.