code cleanup in druntime and phobos

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 08:18:40 PDT 2014

"ketmar via Digitalmars-d"  wrote in message
news:mailman.125.1409410701.5783.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> yet the first answers i got were "github or GTFO!" note that i wasn't
> wrote a single word about "take this patches or they will rot in
> bugzilla forever" in my original message. just plain info for those who
> interested. ok, i got the point: either "go github" or don't
> contribute. i chosing "don't contribute" in this case.

The choice isn't "github or GTFO", it's just if you don't submit patches on
github they have a much higher chance of rotting in bugzilla.  Relying on
others to complete the final steps of the contribution process will always
be less efficient.  Many patches have rotted in bugzilla over the years,
including some of my own.

> not that i'll stop to fill bugs or something. i will just not try to
> provide any fixes/enhancements anymore, even if i did that in my local
> copy. only plain "i found the bug, here is testcase" and "it would be
> good if compiler/druntime/phobos will do this".

There is no harm in posting patches with bugzilla issues.  It's just not a
great way to get them into the upstream repos.  It'd be better still if you
made pull requests.