[OT] Re: Before we implement SDL package format for DUB

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 19:09:26 PDT 2014

On 8/30/2014 8:37 AM, eles wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 11:40:01 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> On 8/25/2014 12:40 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
>
>> We are Adrian Monk. We can't handle choice. ;)
>
> You may say anything you want, but I love Monk.

I do too! I've seen every episode at least twice. Brilliant show, and
some of the secondary characters are every bit as good as Monk himself,
like Disher and the captain.

The bikeshedding here just reminded me of Monk's (amusing and endearing)
inability to handle simple choices. I had to point out the parallel. As
a collective, we kind of are Monk in some ways. Something worth bearing
in mind.

> And the actor
> impersonating him is just either a genius, either suffer from teh same
> illnes... He's just too perfect.

Yea, Tony Shalhoub is an incredible actor. You can tell he really did
his research on the part (although I think his role on Wings helped a
lot, too. His cab driver role was sort of like an earlier, less extreme
version of Adrian Monk).

He also did a great job in "Pain & Gain" in a completely polar opposite
type of role (although very similar to an alternate "Mobster" persona he
adopted in one episode of Monk, near the end of the series IIRC).