[OT] Microsoft filled patent applications for scoped and immutable types

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 31 02:37:24 PDT 2014

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:23:24 +0000
Joakim via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> As such, his GPL, which doesn't allow such
> pragmatic mixing of open and closed source, is
...a great thing to stop invasion of proprietary software. hey, i'm not
*renting* my smartphone, i'm *buying* it! and i want to be able to
change it's software as i like. yet what i got is a bunch of blobs and
a locked loader. i don't want to pay my money for jailing me: the ones
who want to put me in a jail should pay to me to compensate my
inconvience.

i don't care about what is good for some corporation out here. what i
really care about is what is good for *me*. GPLv3 makes me happy. BSDL
makes corporations happy. so it's obvious choice.