code cleanup in druntime and phobos

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 31 08:33:36 PDT 2014

On 30 August 2014 16:27, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 30/08/14 16:38, Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> It's a shame that your dislike of github is stronger than your desire to
>> contribute code.
>

> I'm sorry, that won't wash.  It's a given, especially now, that for some
> people, using these large-scale online social networks is a no-no.  Many of
> us may view the practical benefits as outweighing those factors, but it's
> not acceptable to be dismissive or arrogant in the face of those concerns.

Agreed.  I had some reluctance to join github to begin with, but
eventually conceded as being on github may help exposure and encourage
people to contribute.  In all honesty though, I can't say that there
has really been any increase in external contribution vs
bitbucket/sourceforge, so whatever benefits dmd or ldc got did not
seem to carry over to gdc.

The only change I have noticed as being part of github is a steady
stream of monthly emails and phone calls (voice messages, I never
answer them), be it universities conducting a study, or recruiters
looking to interview me because they came across my profile.
Sometimes its annoying, but reluctantly accepted as one of the perks
of being on a social site.

Iain.